The latest speculation about the US immigration and Visa Policy owing to President Trumps Executive Order have raised quite a stir across the world.
Like any situation there is always a flip side to the story, owning to our presence and expertise in the Industry we have come up with 6 facts which everyone should know about the latest speculation :
- Acceptance of the Executive Order :
Being a Global Company with vested interests in the United States of America, we respect & accept the decision of the Citizens of America in voting President Trump as the President. As a law abiding organization with ethical and moral conduct we respect and accept The Courts Judgement & President’s Executive Order.
Yes, there is a lot of controversy surrounding the decision both political and judicial, however we have full faith in the system and believe the intention of The President is and always will be for the betterment of the country and the world. We will always stand up & adhere to regulations and laws imposed by The Country, The Courts, and The President.
- Facts v/s Reality
The ban is/was on visa’s to citizens from a group of specific countries, this ban in no way effects the visa application of citizens from other countries. We do not have any clients from these banned countries except Iran. One of our clients who is an Iranian Passport holder applied for a US B1/B2 from UAE last year.
Ideally from any other country when you apply for a B1/B2 Visa your interview slot is given with in 2 weeks, however for this particular application from Iran the interview slot was given on a date which was 6 months later. This proves that as a matter of fact the US visas for citizens of these countries was always very difficult or almost impossible. President Trump had only made this fact pubic & vocal.
- Visa Success Ratio
Yes, we have seen about 60% fall in business after the Executive Order incident, however the ratio of successful applications for us has gone up from 78% to 94%. This is because the quality of applications after the Executive Order was very good and the number of applicants had gone down drastically.What this shows is if you have a good profile and purpose of travel is genuine there is always a very good chance of you getting a successful B1/B2 visa.
- Effect on Indian Citizens
President Trumps in his speeches raised apprehension towards one particular religion and also towards China because of various economic reasons. Thankfully for Indians, India is the alternative in both the cases, hence this can be foreseen as an advantage for Indians.
- H1 Visa when compared to B1 Visa
Again a lot of people have confusion over the difference between a H1 visa and a B1 visa. Kindly have a look at the below points for each of the same.
- H1 visa is a work visa which is sponsored by qualified companies. A company has to sponsor this visa to its employee. There are only 65,000 visa slot available every year for H1 visas. The number of applications are over 1 million hence there is a lottery system even to consider a complete application
- H1 visa holder may be granted a Green Card / Citizenship over a period of 10 to 14 years depending on his profile and tenure in the US.
- H1 visa holders are legally allowed to work in the US and also get a Social Security Number.
- B1 Visas are granted to individuals who fulfill their purpose of travel to the US, this is a Business Visa (for Indian citizens it is granted for a period of up to 10 years)
- B1 visa holders who have a 10 years visa can visit the US multiple times during the 10 years, the maximum duration of stay at a time can be 6 months.
- B1 visa holders can at any time change/upgrade their B1 visas to H1 or any other category of visas.
- B1 visa holders can open a bank a/c in US, open a company in the US, do business and also do consultancy services as a business.
- B1 visa is also considered a good value add in any professionals resume. Many companies these days prefer to hire candidates who already have a B1 visa.
- Having a US visa on your passport makes its easy for you to get visa for any other country in the world.
- Make America Great Again
What ever said and done, the fact remains that United States of America is an Global Leader. There is always a higher value for any entity affiliated to the United States of America. If you are entitled to a B1 visa and if you get it, you have the access to this golden brand and land of opportunity.